Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company has extensive experience investigating and remediating impacted soil, groundwater and vapor at a wide variety of sites ranging from residential properties to large complex industrial facilities. A New Jersey Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) oversees project planning and implementation of all technical and regulatory activities necessary to advance the project toward closure in compliance with applicable regulations.
Peak routinely prepares and submits site investigation and remediation technical documents that comply with applicable federal and state requirements. The selection of an appropriate remedial strategy is a critical step on the path to case closure. When choosing a remedial strategy, Peak professionals consider Client goals, site characterization data, regulatory requirements, site specific project logistics and natural site conditions, and consider a wide range of remedial technologies. This data and information are utilized to ensure the success of the implemented remedial strategy. Remedial technologies that Peak’s professionals have successfully implemented include:
- Electrical resistance heating
- Soil vapor extraction
- Soil Excavation (including sites that require, excavation dewatering, underpinning, sheet pile stabilization, building demolition, etc.)
- Soil Washing
- Soil Stabilization
- Bioremediation (in situ) via direct injection or semi-permeable reactive barrier
- Chemical oxidation (in situ) utilizing hydrogen peroxide, potassium and sodium permanganate via direct injection or semi-permeable reactive barrier
- Chemical reduction (in situ) utilizing Zero-Valent Iron (ZVI) via direct injection or semipermeable reactive barrier
- Groundwater pump and treatment
- Monitored Natural Attenuation (MNA)
- Surfactant Enhanced Aquifer Remediation and LNAPL or DNAPL recovery
- Bio Venting
- Air Sparging
- Sub slab depressurization system
- Ozone Applications
Peak also has extensive experience implementing remedial strategies that are considered administrative solutions by establishing engineering and institutional controls, such as deed notices and aquifer classification exception areas. These options are typically used in conjunction with the active solutions listed above.
Following the successful implementation of remediation activities, Peak prepares all required technical reports in accordance with applicable regulations. For NJ site remediation projects, Peak’s Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP) for the site will prepare and submit a Response Action Outcome (RAO) document to the responsible party.
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company (Peak) was retained to manage the investigation and remediation of heating oil released during a delivery into a basement tank at a professional services building. The oil migrated into underlying material through seams...
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company is supporting a remediation project in Woodbridge that razed an approximately 100 year old industrial building that fell into disrepair. Peak completed environmental due diligence, identified specific areas of concern, and...
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company was retained by a leading real estate developer to conduct environmental due diligence for a property in Newark, NJ. The property was formerly a commercial car park serving Newark Airport travelers. The client saw...