Environmental forensics is a discipline for reconstructing contaminant discharge events in a scientifically defensible manner. Our forensic services are particularly useful for identifying unknown contaminants, estimating contaminant discharge ages, and source discrimination and often requested for litigation support and to determine insurance coverage applicability. Peak’s experts conduct forensic investigations using a variety of technical approaches, including:
- Developing contaminant discharge age-dating and source determination methods.
- Applying specialized isotopic tools in the environmental industry to accomplish project goals.
- Establishing laboratory analytical procedures for environmental forensic cases.
- Interpreting the supporting laboratory data that is seldom reviewed – technical details that qualify data and provide a wealth of additional information to experts capable of deciphering it.
- Integrating forensic and expert testimony services.
Peak applies forensic tools, including those listed below, to characterize contaminants and provide data and information supporting the resolution of disputes associated with insurance claims, litigation, and regulatory compliance.
- Chemical fingerprinting: Used for identifying petroleum and solvent types.
- Biomarkers: Used for identifying fuel types and discharge ages.
- Compound-Specific Isotope Analysis (CSIA): Used for age dating, contaminant source discrimination (e.g., commingled discharges of the same contaminant by different parties), groundwater flow dynamics, and plume origins.
- Fate and transport modeling, hydrogeological investigations, reconstruction of Site operational histories, source origin and discharge age estimates.
Peak’s technical staff includes experts in geochemistry, hydrogeology, isotope chemistry, and geology.
Redevelopment Project in Woodbridge, NJ
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company is supporting a remediation project in Woodbridge that razed an approximately 100 year old industrial building that fell into disrepair. Peak completed environmental due diligence, identified specific areas of concern, and...
Redevelopment Project in Newark, NJ
March 23 Email: Woodbridge Redevelopment Project is here. Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company was retained by a leading real estate developer to conduct environmental due diligence for a property in Newark, NJ. The property was formerly a commercial car...
Redevelopment Project, Bergen County, NJ
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company was retained by a premier developer to support their acquisition and redevelopment of a 32-acre corporate campus in Bergen County, NJ that was recently vacated by a global automobile manufacturer. Peak performed...
DIscuss Your Project
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company
26 Kennedy Blvd, Suite A
East Brunswick, NJ 08816