While excavation is generally considered a low complexity remediation alternative, comprehensive planning is necessary to ensure safe execution and achievement of goals. Peak’s technical project teams coordinate excavation projects with careful planning using experienced and licensed safety experts, contractors, laboratories, structural engineers, and other related providers. Team members support client objectives through consideration of many aspects to minimize the cost and effort to complete these projects.
- Safety planning to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards for excavation, which are extensive in 29 CFR 1910 and 1926.
- Secure utility search and required notifications, approvals and permits.
- Coordinate schedule and activities with facility operations and staff.
- Verify delineation of contaminants of concern in soil.
- Pre-classify and pre-select disposal options for removed material.
- Specify the confirmation post-excavation sampling plan. Evaluate compliance alternatives and dig-to-clean options.
- Identify need for groundwater management.
- Identify need for structural engineering support.
- Coordinate truck schedule and traffic flow for efficient progress.
- Manage bills of lading and hazardous waste manifests.
- Pre-determine fill material type and source, consider alternate fill
- Determine appropriate restoration requirements, including geotechnical specifications
Peak Environmental (Peak) was retained by a property management company to provide LSRP services and manage environmental aspects of a 9.5 acre commercial and industrial property historically operated as a paper mill and clothing factory. The property is improved with...
In late 2021, when approximately 500 gallons of diesel fuel were found on an unpaved surface at their municipal public works yard, the city contractor started removal of visibly impacted soil, NJDEP was notified, and Peak was called to provide LSRP services and manage...
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group GBC company (Peak) was retained by a retail company to manage environmental aspects of the redevelopment of a former commercial and industrial property into a 525,000 square foot product distribution facility. The property comprises 35 acres and was...