While excavation is generally considered a low complexity remediation alternative, comprehensive planning is necessary to ensure safe execution and achievement of goals. Peak’s technical project teams coordinate excavation projects with careful planning using experienced and licensed safety experts, contractors, laboratories, structural engineers, and other related providers. Team members support client objectives through consideration of many aspects to minimize the cost and effort to complete these projects.
- Safety planning to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards for excavation, which are extensive in 29 CFR 1910 and 1926.
- Secure utility search and required notifications, approvals and permits.
- Coordinate schedule and activities with facility operations and staff.
- Verify delineation of contaminants of concern in soil.
- Pre-classify and pre-select disposal options for removed material.
- Specify the confirmation post-excavation sampling plan. Evaluate compliance alternatives and dig-to-clean options.
- Identify need for groundwater management.
- Identify need for structural engineering support.
- Coordinate truck schedule and traffic flow for efficient progress.
- Manage bills of lading and hazardous waste manifests.
- Pre-determine fill material type and source, consider alternate fill
- Determine appropriate restoration requirements, including geotechnical specifications
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company (Peak) was retained to manage the investigation and remediation of heating oil released during a delivery into a basement tank at a professional services building. The oil migrated into underlying material through seams...
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company is supporting a remediation project in Woodbridge that razed an approximately 100 year old industrial building that fell into disrepair. Peak completed environmental due diligence, identified specific areas of concern, and...
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company was retained by a leading real estate developer to conduct environmental due diligence for a property in Newark, NJ. The property was formerly a commercial car park serving Newark Airport travelers. The client saw...