Expert Witness and Litigation
Expert Witness & Litigation
Peak’s expert staff includes geochemists, forensic scientists, geologists and hydrogeologists who collectively have over 75 years of experience assisting clients with environmental litigations. Clients include law firms, insurance carriers, industrial and commercial entities, as well as residential property owners of contaminated sites. Peak provides specialty services such as determining the origin and discharge period (“dating”) of a range of soil and groundwater contaminants that include free phase petroleum (heating oil, gasoline, and PCB-containing dielectric fluid), non-chlorinated dissolved phase compounds and chlorinated solvents (DNAPL) and contaminant source discrimination (e.g., DAP, select metals). Peak’s Expert Witness and Litigation Support services include:
- Determining whether a discharge occurred within the period of insurance coverage
- Assessing whether a contaminant was released prior to or after a property transaction
- Discerning source origins when two or more similar contaminants are present
- Evaluating whether a contaminant plume originates from off-site
- Confirming or refuting whether a historic petroleum delivery impacted the subsurface
- Providing alternate remedial approaches to previously remediated sites to support cost recovery
- Technical assessment of employed remedial strategies, and
- Establishing whether changes in land use (i.e., detention basin construction) have altered groundwater elevation or flow direction and impacted subsurface structures.
Michael Klaser Mentors Undergraduates
Michael Klaser, a Project Manager at Peak, has been volunteering with America Needs You (ANY) since 2021. ANY pairs ambitious first-generation college students with mentors in a variety of industries and provides transformative mentorship and intensive career...
Peak Promotes Jenn Sabbak!
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company, is pleased to announce that Jenn Sabbak has been promoted to Project Scientist! Jenn joined us in 2021 after receiving her Bachelor of Science in Earth & Environmental Science from Susquehanna University. As a Staff...
Sarah Lembo promoted to Project Manager!
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company, is pleased to announce that Sarah Lembo has been promoted to Project Manager. She began her career in the environmental industry at Peak as an entry-level Staff Scientist, collecting samples, completing regulatory...
DIscuss Your Project with Us
Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company
26 Kennedy Blvd, Suite A
East Brunswick, NJ 08816