Expert Witness and Litigation
Expert Witness & Litigation
Peak’s expert staff includes geochemists, forensic scientists, geologists and hydrogeologists who collectively have over 75 years of experience assisting clients with environmental litigations. Clients include law firms, insurance carriers, industrial and commercial entities, as well as residential property owners of contaminated sites. Peak provides specialty services such as determining the origin and discharge period (“dating”) of a range of soil and groundwater contaminants that include free phase petroleum (heating oil, gasoline, and PCB-containing dielectric fluid), non-chlorinated dissolved phase compounds and chlorinated solvents (DNAPL) and contaminant source discrimination (e.g., DAP, select metals). Peak’s Expert Witness and Litigation Support services include:
- Determining whether a discharge occurred within the period of insurance coverage
- Assessing whether a contaminant was released prior to or after a property transaction
- Discerning source origins when two or more similar contaminants are present
- Evaluating whether a contaminant plume originates from off-site
- Confirming or refuting whether a historic petroleum delivery impacted the subsurface
- Providing alternate remedial approaches to previously remediated sites to support cost recovery
- Technical assessment of employed remedial strategies, and
- Establishing whether changes in land use (i.e., detention basin construction) have altered groundwater elevation or flow direction and impacted subsurface structures.
In December, Peak staff worked at REPLENISH in their distribution warehouse in East Brunswick. NJ. The staff sorted an estimated 10,000 lbs of donated food to prepare it for distribution to those in need. The Food Bank has an amazing operation in place that has been...
Sarah Lembo and Kassidy Klink presented “NJDEP Compliance Topics” at a webinar hosted by the NJ Licensed Site Remediation Professionals Association (LSRPA). The event was well attended, and Sarah presented best practices for navigating administrative requirements of...
Chris Schmitt has joined Peak Environmental, A Nova Group GBC Company (Peak) as an Associate of the firm and Director of Sustainability Services. Chris will conduct remediation services as our ninth New Jersey Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP), and he will...