Expert Witness and Litigation
Expert Witness & Litigation
Peak’s expert staff includes geochemists, forensic scientists, geologists and hydrogeologists who collectively have over 75 years of experience assisting clients with environmental litigations. Clients include law firms, insurance carriers, industrial and commercial entities, as well as residential property owners of contaminated sites. Peak provides specialty services such as determining the origin and discharge period (“dating”) of a range of soil and groundwater contaminants that include free phase petroleum (heating oil, gasoline, and PCB-containing dielectric fluid), non-chlorinated dissolved phase compounds and chlorinated solvents (DNAPL) and contaminant source discrimination (e.g., DAP, select metals). Peak’s Expert Witness and Litigation Support services include:
- Determining whether a discharge occurred within the period of insurance coverage
- Assessing whether a contaminant was released prior to or after a property transaction
- Discerning source origins when two or more similar contaminants are present
- Evaluating whether a contaminant plume originates from off-site
- Confirming or refuting whether a historic petroleum delivery impacted the subsurface
- Providing alternate remedial approaches to previously remediated sites to support cost recovery
- Technical assessment of employed remedial strategies, and
- Establishing whether changes in land use (i.e., detention basin construction) have altered groundwater elevation or flow direction and impacted subsurface structures.
Solid and hazardous waste regulations in New Jersey require permits to transport these materials and operate receiving facilities. In addition, services related to brokering, purchase, sale or disposition of these materials also require a license, commonly known as an...
Michael Klaser successfully passed the Remote Pilot Small Unmanned Aircraft System exam administered by the Federal Aviation Association (FAA), earning a Remote Pilot Certificate. This certificate demonstrates understanding of applicable regulations, operating...
Christian Vikse has joined Peak Environmental, A Nova Group, GBC Company as a Staff Scientist! He previously was a Project Cost Analyst at a technical, compliance and risk consulting firm serving the construction and infrastructure industries. Christian is a graduate...